Thursday 5 January 2023

Keeping going

Dear Readers

Thank you all for your good wishes. I'm out of hospital but it will be several weeks before I am functioning anything like normally again. I have a broken vertebra and head injuries which have made me slow and vague, and typing anything takes ages.

I will try to keep the blog going, maybe not daily, with any pictures you send in. Please if possible make them 1600 pixels wide by 1200 high to save editing, which is difficult. And also please forgive me for not acknowledging them.

Thanks.

A Green Woodpecker near the Speke obelisk, photographed by Petri Vianio.


A Stone-Curlew family in Australia, by Ai Ching Lim.

9 comments:

  1. Wishing you a speedy recovery, and may cabin fever stay away. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sorry to hear about your accident and injuries Ralph.
    Take it easy and get well soon.Best wishes,AvJo.


    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh God. Please take it easy and let's see if we can manage to hold off cabin fever for you while you recover.
    Tinúviel

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish you all the best and get well soon buddy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about your accident Ralph, puffin wishes for a speedy and full recovery. Had a great time on Lundy just before Christmas, plenty of Lapwing and my first encounter with Purple Sandpipers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's wonderful to hear that so many Puffins read the blog.

      Delete
  6. Great news you are out of hospital. Now onwards to a speedy recovery. You'll be back with the birds in no time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Several weeks, I fear. Broken vertebra and head injuries. But I should be able to function to some extent then DV.

      Delete