The male Great Crested Grebe was on the nest at the Serpentine island. There was nothing to see until the female arrived with a fish ...
... which caused three chicks to emerge from his feathers.
The other family at the island were hidden among the moored boats, but the single chick on the other side of the lake was loudly pursuing its father.
The Egyptians brought their four goslings ashore.
The Black Swan and 4GIQ were feeding quietly by the landing stage.
The Grey Heron in the Italian Garden climbed through the irises to find a good fishing station.
Just along the path, a young Blackbird had eaten a lot of blackberries in a bramble patch and wanted to have a rest. If it hadn't been so dozy I'd never have managed to film it.
The male Blackcap often heard at the southwest corner of the bridge came into view for a moment.
A Coal Tit in the Dell collected a pine nut from the railings and took it up into the big yew tree.
A Jay beside the Long Water waited to fly down for a peanut.
At the Serpentine Gallery the male Little Owl ...
... and his son weren't taking much notice of anything on the ground.
There was a report of Hobbies north of the Round Pond, the first I've had this year. I had heard what might have been Hobbies in this area before, but Rose-Ringed Parakeets can make a similar call and I had dismissed it and assumed that they were nesting outside the park as they sometimes do. I went up to the pond and yes, there was the call of at least one Hobby flying around, but it was moving fast among the trees and I couldn't see anything.
Two Carrion Crows were looking hot on the parched grass beside the pond.
The Mandarin ducklings were wandering around separately. The last report I had from anyone who had seen them together was yesterday and there were stll eleven of them.
The Egyptian family here had also split up and the teenagers were looking for surviving grass.
A male Emperor dragonfly rested for a moment in purple loosestrife in the Italian Garden.
A Small White butterfly browsed on the little mauve convolvulus flowers at the edge of the Dell.















No comments:
Post a Comment