Saturday 31 July 2021

This is a test page. I want to see how well archive.org handles video. With luck it should be better than the dreadfully compressed videos I'm putting up with YouTube.

Please comment on the blog about how well it worked. I would expect it to take a few seconds to start, but then be quite clear and not pixelated.

However, there may be problems with buffering, causing the video to stop and restart. I'm uploading at the quite low rate of 8Mbps, but even that may be too much.

6 comments:

  1. Quality of videos seems good Ralph but a lot of buffering so didn't watch until the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bee video was fine, but second one froze after 30 seconds of loading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks to you both. It doesn't look as if this is feasible at 8Mbps. Will try later with 6 and see how much the quality suffers and whether it cures buffering.

      Delete
  3. Same here , too much buffering on both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of buffering on my end too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neil is running tests with different formats and bit rates. But I really don't think this will work. A pity.

      Delete